The Rogue Codewright ~ Nathan Curtis
Nathan is a Software Engineer at Joyable, helping to cure the world of social anxiety. Previously, he co-founded Plixl in June, 2013. Before that, he was a Software Engineer at Three Rings Design in San Francisco for six years. He holds a bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering Technology from Rochester Institute of Technology, where he also studied graduate Computer Science.
Available for download: PDF Resume.
Game projects past and present
- Antihero, game development.
- Seek & Find, game and platform development.
- Mosaic Medley, game and platform development.
- Puzzle Pirates, specifically the iPad port.
- Doctor Who: Worlds in Time (no longer available), platform and minigame development.
- Spiral Knights, online services integration.
- Bite Me, game development and Facebook integration.
- Whirled: platform, web and flash client development, SDK development and individual game project development.
- Jam games: Jammy, Forbidden Panic.
- Game websites: Spiral Knights, Doctor Who: Worlds in Time (no longer available).
Open source libraries
- Flump, exporter and library development.
- Flashbang, bug fixes and minor feature development.
- React-as3, bug fixes.
- Aspire, bug fixes and feature development.
- Simpler, primary author.
- Microtome, feature development and Java port primary author.
- PlayN, bug fixes and minor feature development.
- TriplePlay, bug fixes and feature developement.
- Narya, Nenya, Vilya, bug fixes and co-primary author on PlayN/TriplePlay port.
Experience and Expertise
- Java: eight years professional development, server and client side, including work in Servlets, JDBC/ORM, GWT, Swing, PlayN/Tripleplay.
- Actionscript: eight years professional development for game clients. Developed both for in-browser and on AIR. Recent work in Starling/Stage3D.
- Language familiarity: Python, Ruby, C#, ObjC, PHP
- Relational database technologies: MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Web and Cloud services: AWS (EC2, S3, CloudFront, EBS), Google Cloud (CloudSQL, AppEngine), Facebook, Mailchimp, Kongregate, various analytics platforms.
- Pets: Nathan has an adorable Italian Greyhound, and a black short hair cat rescue.
- Bicycling: Nathan and his father Jon bicycled across the US in the 1997/98 Awesome Across America Adventure. Nathan still regularly cycles short distances around home and would like to get back into long distance riding.
- Running: After completing his first marathon in March 2015, Nathan is training for another in July.
- Juggling: Nathan was an active juggler in college, including holding the presidency of the RIT Juggling Club for a year, and helping to organize the RIT Spring Juggle-In.
- Go: Nathan was an active player in college. A lot of time was spent in Empty Sky Go Club meetings. Nathan attended the 19th US Go Congress in Houston and helped run the 20th US Go Congress in Rochester.
- Music: Nathan holds a minor in music, and played trumpet through High School and College. He also has experience on piano, guitar and english handbells.
- Martial Arts: Nathan studied Kung Fu for several years in College, and Aikido briefly during his time at Three Rings Design in San Francisco.